Whether your organization provides services to sell them to external customers or to support your own organization’s internal operations, a service portfolio and service catalog is the key to solving many problems.
The service portfolio and service catalog enable a clear structuring of services and thus the management of even complex service entities. A properly built and maintained service portfolio and service catalog are a prerequisite for the smooth and efficient operation of any service organization. At their best, they help service organizations in
- communicating the value of services to customers
- describing and versioning their services
- clarifying service production responsibilities
- systematizing service development
- identifying the costs associated with providing services
- pricing services systematically.
The development of a service portfolio and service catalog and their management models is always a matter for almost the entire organization and therefore it is important to understand several different perspectives before starting a development project.
Justin’s Digital Service Catalog © training provides comprehensive perspectives on service definition, service strategy, service offering, service and product catalogs, service design, and service development and blueprinting.